Dunai Ukrainian Dancers
"A spectacular display of color, movement, and excitement."
The Dunai dance troupe was formed in 1974, when 14 young and energetic people signed up to dance to the chorography of Mr. Roman Manastersky. The group was named after the Danube River, in the heart of Eastern Europe.
The Dunai dancers are comprised of 17 female and 10 male dancers ranging in ages from 16 to 28 years, under the direction of Shawn Ostafie. Like the Verkhovyna Choir, the company's unique choreography has been warmly accepted at performances, banquets, receptions, conventions, and multi-cultural showcases as well as festivals and full length shows. Their repertoire consists of various traditional and staged folk dances from different regions of Ukraine.
The instructors' professional experiences have added to the flavor of the group's Ukrainian dances. The performances include dances ranging from calm and intricate movements of lyrical girls dances, right to the exhilarating rendition of the traditional Hopak.
Artistic Director: Shawn Ostafie, Assistant: Kelsey Olijnyk
Rehearsals: Thursdays 7:00- 9:00 PM and Sundays 4:30 - 7:00 PM @ Ukrainian Youth Unity Complex
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR PERFORMANCE REQUESTS CONTACT:
Dunai Vice President Morgan @ (780) 718-4040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2016 - UCC-APC Sviato 25 Celebration @ Churchill Square
- 2015 - UCC-APC Ukainian Day @ Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village
- 2014 - South America Tour (Argentina, Brazil)
- 2014 - Vegreville Pysanka Festival
- 2013 - Soyuzivka Ukrainian Festival (Kerhonkson, New York)
- 2011 - Bloor West Village Toronto Ukrainian Festival
- 2011 - Canada's National Ukrainian Festival (Dauphin, MB)
- 2009 - Eastern Europe Tour (Ukraine, Poland, Bosnia, Austria, Hungary)
- 2007 - Canada's National Ukrainian Festival (Dauphin, MB)
- 2006 - Bloor West Village Toronto Ukrainian Festival
- 2004 - Vegreville Pysanka Festival
- 2004 - Costa Rica Tour