Frequently asked questions
How many times per week are rehearsals?
One time per week
What date of the week are rehearsals on?
What are the costs?
The cost depends on age of the child and duration of class. For example, 30 minute class is
$325 per child, and a 2 hour class is $450. The competition fees are included in the tuition fee.
What type of attire do dancers need to wear at rehearsals?
Class attire MUST BE ADHERED TO so that a child’s muscles can keep warm and so that his
or her flexibility and movement will not be constricted. As well, proper rehearsal attire
allows the instructor to see and correct faulty technique.
- Bodysuit or tank top
- Rehearsal skirt or tight fitting jazz attire
- Proper dance footwear (red pleated toe ballet slippers).
- Long AND short hair must be tied back
- No jewelry (earrings, necklaces, watches etc.)
- Tight fitting jazz pants or sweats
- Proper footwear (black pleated toe ballet slippers).
The following are NOT to be worn:
- BAGGY CLOTHING (instructor must be able to see the shape of legs)
- SHORTS or JEANS
- HATS OR BASEBALL CAPS
How many times does the Dance School perform throughout the year?
We try to book all our performances in advance and provide dates at the beginning of the
year. We starting at the Festival of Trees, and continue performing at events such as: two senior homes, Malankas, two pyrogy suppers, various festivals in and around Edmonton and one out of town festival for our older
groups, etc. As well, every 2-3 years our dancers take part in a Workshops and a
Performance in Disneyland.
Is there a costume fee?
Costume fees range from $30 to $80 for the whole year depending how many dances
costumes the dancer requires. Each child is responsible for their own:
- Poltava shirt in red & black embroidery
- Own make-up kit
- Black socks
- Black slippers
- Their own peasant blouse with red & black embroidery
- Own make-up kit
- Three (3) strand red necklace
- Red socks
- Red slippers
What are the fundraising commitments?
In order for the dance school to maintain the dance fees, which are substantially lower than other
dance schools, we rely on parents’ commitment in volunteering. For more information
about fundraising commitment please contact firstname.lastname@example.org